January 22, 2006

Of Kon Ban Wa

I'm here, right here, waiting for dear Miss Chin to be done with her packing. Here is at her house. And she's packing because she is going to Tokyo at 6am, which will be in another five and half hours, for a business trip.

It's kinda strange as to why I'm sitting here, typing an entry for my blog when I'm actually hungry and in need of food. And beside me now is my dear ah girl, looking at photos and yearbooks that miss chin so randomly and quite (i quote ah girl) scatter-brainly handed out to her. I guess I was just hoping that blogging will distract me from the growl that has started to orchestra within my tummy.

That aside, it's kind of fun and amusing to be here when miss chin packs her overflowing luggage, thinking if she should just leave her shampoo and conditioner behind so as to make space for some equally mundane things.

*and at this point in time, she has requested that I mention in my blog that she was the one who stopped and changed my course of plan, which was to hand her the bak kwa and go have my supper*

I mean, honestly, it's quite heart-warming to see your best friend do something like packing luggage for a business trip. Especially when you know exactly how she will end up doing it, and for that matter, when she will end up doing it. The mistake was truly mine, to come up and join her in her scatter brain activity, and ended up being stuck here. There are certain things you can expect in life and should try to avert. However, somehow, you find yourself doing exactly what you were trying to avert. And that's the kinda predictament I have found myself in now.

Still, I did say it was heart-warming, right? Because not just anyone can make you feel comfortable enough to just sit around and use her lap top while she busy herself packing. If you have the (mis)fortune to be with the three of us now, in this room, you will see ah girl engrossed in the NYJC 1998 yearbook, wendy chin taking out her stuff from the luggage and re-packing them in as tightly as she can, and me engrossed in telling you what we are each doing, individually. In between, exchanges of information and sharing some common giggle as ah girl throws out questions about our time in NYJC.

Meanwhile, the night is progressing and my tummy is still growling. And, I still have no idea when miss chin would finally be done with her (still) overflowing luggage.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 00:17